Thursday, October 05, 2006

Day off in Toyokawa

I was lucky enough to have my 2 classes cancelled on Wednesday, so I decided to take a trip to a town called Toyokawa which is about an hour away. I took a nice train ride out there (which I enjoyed since I'm always driving around Japan). On the train ride, I finally got to take a picture of a radar air force plane I often see flying overhead in Hamamatsu:
The main thing to see in Toyokawa is a big shrine called Toyokawa Inari:
On the grounds, there was a huge Sweet Olive tree that was in bloom and gave a wonderful smell as soon as you got close to it:
There were some wonderful quiet areas there:
The shrine also has lots of statues of foxes and even has an area with lots of little statues of foxes as well:
On the way back to the train station through the town, I saw a display of handheld fireworks with I watched a performance of back in July:

No comments: