Monday, April 23, 2007

First camping trip this year

Since the weather is warming up, Ayako and I decided to go camping this past weekend. We found a place to camp about an hour away from home. Since it's early in the season for camping, we had the whole campground to ourselves. Also, the forecast of rain probably kept people away. We had cloudy weather on the Saturday, and then it rained all night while we slept. We decided to pack up on the Sunday morning since it looked like it would rain all day. Still, we had a good time on Saturday. We had a nice walk around the area:During the camping trip, I also proposed to Ayako to marry me. She luckily said yes. Since she never wears jewelry, I had no idea what type of ring she would like. I did know that she likes anything baked, and so I had made her a gingerbread ring. A little silly, but she liked it. On Sunday, we looked around at different jewelry stores to find a nice ring. Since she is like me in that we like practical things, she was looking for a small, simple ring. It was hard to find something here like that, and so she decided to forgo having an engagement ring, and instead for us to find nicer wedding rings when we get married.

No comments: