Sunday, September 14, 2008

Toyokawa Inari Shrine

On Sunday, Ayako and I went for a day trip to Aichi prefecture. On the way, Ayako was happy to stop off at a library that she has never visited before. We spent a couple of hours there. After that, we headed to Toyokawa to visit the Inari shrine there. This was Ayako's first time there, but you can see photos from my previous visit on my blog (October 2006). Here's the entrance to the shrine:
There are a number of buildings within the shrine grounds. Here's one of the pagodas there:
My favourite area of the shrine is a back area where there are many carvings of foxes; foxes being the symbol of Inari shrines.

Here's a shot of me with the foxes:
We had lunch while we were there, and Ayako was happy to eat some inari-zushi (sushi rice inside a pouch of fried tofu), her favourite meal when near an Inari shrine.

No comments: