Saturday, April 04, 2009

Trip to Irago

On Wednesday and Thursday, I got to start my new job by going on a trip with the first year students in my department (International Communication). We had an hour bus ride down to the tip of the Irago peninsula, where we stayed at a hotel that had a great view of the surrounding area. Here is a shot at sunset from inside the hotel:
I got to listen to many speeches and presentations. Luckily, I didn't have to give any. It was a good opportunity to meet the other staff in my department as well as some of the students. On the next day, I went up to the roof of the hotel to see the wonderful view:


Here's a photo of my two co-workers, Carrie and Siân:
It was nice having a relaxed atmosphere for my first few days of work. On Tuesday, I'll have to actually do some work when I start teaching classes.

No comments: