Sunday, August 16, 2009

Camping in Forest Park

On Saturday, Ayako and I headed up to Forest Park along with Eric and Tomoe. I think this is the latest in the year for our first camping trip there. We arrived around noon and enjoyed lunch together. Afterwards Tomoe and Ayako relaxed in the small river near us while Eric and I played some board games. I was able to beat him at Othello but he was pretty quick at beating me at chess right after that.
Next, we decided to go for a walk through the park:
We had fun at some exercise stations along the path:


We then came to the very high suspension bridge in the park:
Ayako didn't seem quite as scared to cross it this time:
Here are a couple of the creatures sighted during the weekend:

Eric and Tomoe headed home after having some dinner while Ayako and I stayed to camp for the night. It was a nice and cool so we both slept well. In the morning we had breakfast, relaxed in the chairs while reading books, and then packed up just before lunch:
Amazingly, this was our first camping trip of the year. Hopefully we'll go a few more times before the year is out.

No comments: