Thursday, July 15, 2010

Third-year Anniversary

Ayako and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary on Tuesday, but actually went out to celebrate it on Thursday. We went to the Kanzanji area near our house, which is where we celebrated our first anniversary. This time though, we ate lunch and enjoyed an onsen (hot spring bath) at the priciest hotel in the area, Kokonoe Hotel.
We had lunch first which included tempura and sashimi:

The lunch was very delicious and we had a lovely view of Hamanako lake:After lunch, we had our photo taken outside the restaurant:
Since we were so full, we decided to go for a walk outside before going to the onsens. We found a long deck leading out into the lake and we took a photo together there. Here was our first attempt when the self-timer went off sooner than expected:
The second one was the shot that we were aiming for (although I'm not sure which I like better):
Afterwards, we went to the separate male/female onsens. Mine was wonderful with 9 types of baths and a sauna. Since it was early afternoon on a Thursday, I had the whole place to myself for two hours. Definitely one of my best onsen experiences.

No comments: