Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thanksgiving weekend

Last weekend, the teachers in my apartment had a Thanksgiving dinner to celebrate American thanksgiving (since there are many American teachers at our school). We had a potluck dinner and had 3 small chickens instead of turkey (but which were very tasty). The picture below is before we tucked in. (the pumpkin and cider soup you see is what I made for the meal)

Also on the weekend, I played tennis for the first time in 16 years. I was terrible at the beginning but slowly had better strokes as time went by.

Also, as a side note, I finally had a good view of Mount Fuji today. If the skies are clear, I can just see it from my apartment building. Today though, I was at a class that was closer to the mountain, so I got a good view of it as I drove over a bridge. It was still about 120km from where I was, but I still got a pretty good view.

No comments: