Monday, January 23, 2006

Weekend update

I had a fairly productive weekend, but not much exciting to say about it. I got lots of cleaning done in my apartment. My roommate moved out at the beginning of January, but I've only just had time to give my apartment a good cleaning and to change the arrangement of the rooms. Hopefully by next weekend it will be finished.

On Saturday night, I went with Ayako to see the movie, King Kong. It was enjoyable even though it was 3 hours long. Movies are not cheap here, about $18, but yet if you see a later show (after 9pm), it's cheaper (about $12). There's even movies that start at midnight. I was surprised to come out of the theatre at 12 midnight and the refreshment stand and souvenir store were still open.

On Sunday, I went to a restaurant that serves things made from Anko (red Azuki beans). We ate oshiruko, which is anko soup with a sticky rice ball in the middle.
We also had obanyaki, which is small, round, thick pancakes with either anko in them of custard cream...both very yummy.

No comments: