Wednesday, February 22, 2006

New "used" oven

I've got my apartment basically all set up now. I've been thinking of getting a microwave, but wasn't sure if I should spend the extra money on one with an oven, since people don't have ovens below their stoves over here. But then last night, I found an oven that someone had put out in the garbage. It looks about 20 years old, but the inside is almost new. It's amazing what people will throw out here. I tried it out and it worked fine, so I'm thinking of just getting a small used microwave now since I know I wouldn't use it much.

Actually, Ayako was much more excited about the oven than I was since she always loves baking. She actually made me a lemon meringue pie last Saturday for my 6-month anniversary in Japan. It was very good, especially since it was not only her first time making it, but she has never tasted it before either. She loves baking but her kitchen is too small to bake properly, so she said she will be visiting more often now to use my oven.^^

No comments: