Thursday, June 15, 2006

Camping trip in Gifu

Last weekend, I went camping with Ayako and 3 other couples in Gifu prefecture. It was about a 5 hour drive from Hamamatsu. When we were getting close to the campsite, we were climbing hills on pretty narrow roads:

We got to the site and set up camp. Luckily Keisuke and Masaki go camping lots so they have lots of camping equipment. It definately felt like we were camping in style. Here are some pictures from our site and some of the activities we did:



In the late afternoon, we went fishing in a pond full of rainbow trout. I was able to catch 3 fish once I improved my technique. Total we caught 12 fish:

So then we took the fish back to our site and got them ready to have for dinner ie. scaled them, gutted them and put them on a stick:



At night, we had a campfire and I showed everyone how to cook bannock on the campfire:

The next morning, we had a delicious breakfast (much fancier than I'm use to when camping):

In the afternoon, we stopped in a nearby town called Takayama for an hour to look around their traditional area. They had lots of stores selling nice souvenirs:
And then there was the 5 hour drive back, of which I slept for most of it, so no pictures. ^^

No comments: