Saturday, March 31, 2007

Loudspeakers & pink hair & Taiwanese food

The campaigning for city elections has started, so I was woken up at exactly 8 o'clock on Saturday morning by messages being broadcast from loudspeakers on trucks driving by my apartment. Candidates' supporters are driving around the city all day trying to get our support.You can tell election vans by the people wearing white gloves waving out of the windows and, of course, by the loud speakers. Luckily they are only allowed to campaign for 2 weeks before the election and have to be quiet during the night. But at exactly 8 am, you know that you'll be hearing them.
Here's a sign showing the people running for office in my area:
Also this week, I saw an older woman with bright pink hair (sorry I couldn't get a picture, I was driving). I've often seen older women with dyed hair (sometimes pink, purple, blue...) but have never figured out why they like this style. I'm not sure if it's really better than having grey hair. Anyways, here's a picture of a older woman with blue hair for your enjoyment:
Finally, here's a picture from the Taiwanese restaurant where Ayako & I ate dinner tonight. Good food, good portions and good value...

No comments: