Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fall BBQ

Last Sunday, Ayako went up north to a river to meet our friend, Keiji, and some of his friends:
We had a good BBQ and then went swimming in the river. The water was crystal clear and cool so I drove right in. I found though that Japanese aren't use to the cooler water as much and took much longer to get in.
Eventually people got in the water and had a fun time:
I also wanted to show the stained glass that my father made for Ayako and me. It's a maple leaf and chrysanthemum (Canadian & Japanese image) together. I found it looks nice on our kitchen window looking out to the lake:
Now that it's fall time, the farmers in the area are harvesting their crops and burning things near by. Below is a picture of a very kind neighbour who was hard at work. I definitely feel that the older people in my area work the hardest.

No comments: