Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Daidogei Street Performers Festival

On Sunday, Ayako and I visited Shizuoka city to watch the international street performers festival, which is called Daidogei. I also came to watch this festival in 2005 and so you can see my blog entry from that here. There are lots of performances throughout the downtown area, but most are in a large park in the downtown area.

It is a very popular event, so huge crowds surround the performers. Because of this, many people bring their own step-ladders so that they can see the performances better:
There was also an area where you could try playing with some juggling equipment. I started getting good at the plate on the stick trick:
I taught Ayako how to juggle, and later on she was juggling with three balls:
And here's me juggling:
Later on, Steph and Nick joined us to watch some performances:
Here was a group from Ghana:
They were very flexible:
Very, very flexible:
I was able to get a videos of some of the performances as well:






No comments: