Saturday, November 28, 2009

JALT conference 2009

Last weekend, I went to the city of Shiuoka with some co-workers to a conference for language teachers in Japan. It was the annual conference for all of Japan. Luckily, Shizuoka only takes about an hour to get to so it was much closer for me to get to than others in Japan.
It was my first time to attend the conference and with about 500 presentations going on, it was difficult to choose good ones to go to. You can see Tony, Tara and Sian trying to decide for themselves below:
After the talks on Saturday, we went out for a night on the town in downtown Shizuoka. We finally found a good restaurant that wasn't already packed and enjoyed some good Thai food. Afterwards, we continued at a small bar and them some of us (but not I) continued on for some karaoke until 4 am. Here is me with Carrie, Sian, Tara and Tony at the Thai restaurant:
I did terrible at choosing good talks to go to on the Saturday, but I did much better on Sunday and could see some good ones. Hopefully I can remember how to choose good talks when I go to the conference next year.

No comments: