Monday, December 19, 2005

Catching Up With...

Unfortunately, I haven't taken any photos lately, but I thought I should say what I've been up to lately. A new first for me in Japan (about a 10 days ago) was that I got in a car accident. A car tried to turn quickly in front of me, but I was already too close so we smashed up the corners of our cars. Actually, there was another accident about 5 minutes later at that small intersection, so I think they need a stop sign or something there. It was our of the city but close to a new shopping centre and so the road have all of a sudden become busier in that area. Anyways, I exchanged information with the other driver (a good test to see how much Japanese I could use) and waited for somebody to come from my school since it was the school's car. I had to go to the police station and explain the parts of my international driver's licence and later on, also show my passport. We also had to wait for awhile for a tow truck to come. In all, I had to wait around for about 5 hours. The police didn't need that many details of the crash, but the insurance company did so they could determine the percentage of fault for each driver. all in all though, everythng wasn't too bad and nobody was injured.

December has been busy for Xmas shopping and birthday shopping since there are a number of teachers' birthdays in December. So there's been a number of birthday parties lately. I also have two "end of year" parties with different classes this week. I'm happy that the Xmas break is coming soon so I can relax a little. Only four more days of work until the break. ^^

That's all for now...more pictures once the break is here and I'm travelling about (I'm off to Korea for 1 week during my break and also to Osaka & Kyoto for a few days after that).

No comments: