Monday, August 22, 2005

Jet Lag Weekend

I live in an apartment building where many of the other teachers in my school live. Therefore, I was able to meet a number of them over my first weekend. Another teacher, Jenny from England, arrived the day after me so at least I'm not the only one who was wandering around lost.

Jenny and I met the owner of the school and he took us out to a German beer garden for a "welcome" beer. We then met up with some other teachers who took us out for dinner and drinks. Later at night we went down to the beach where a party was going on. I was lucky that somebody lent me their bicycle so I could ride down to the beach (about a 40 minute ride alond bike trains). I've found out that I can buy a bike off one of the teachers who is leaving which will make it easy to get around.

On Sunday, I met up with some teachers and we drove out to meet some Japanese friends of theirs for a picnic under a bridge. It seemed strange to have a picnic under a highway when there was lots space near there that was along a river. But they must have known it was going to rain since after a few hours it became windy and rainy.





No comments: