Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Wandering around downtown

I went for a little walking tour of downtown yesterday. There were some nice pathways:


and a number of mini-waterfalls:
I was amazed that fairly close to downtown that a new area of houses was being built...

and with some neat designs too:

There was even a brand new church built in the area:

Near this church is the Shizuoka University of Art and Culture. I met a friend by chance when I was walking by and since she works for the university, she said she would show me around. The buildings are in a square around an open space with some beautiful grass and places to eat lunch. The university reminded me of Trent University from Peterborough. We went to the top floor which is the roof, but has grass and places to sit and look out over the city:

By looking at the photo, it looks like regular benches along a path. But it's a bit of an optical illusion since each bench gets larger as you go along so that they look all the same size when you first look at them. So here's a photo of me on the first bench and then on the last one:



No comments: