Thursday, August 25, 2005

A "Welcome to Japan" typhoon

Well, I had my one and only class cancelled today due to a typhoon coming in. It was very windy and rainy for most of the day and was the worst at about 6 o'clock tonight. I don't think we got the worst of it though.

Here are some shots from my apartment that I took last night:



The above shot is of a big tower (ACT tower) that is downtown and which you can see for miles. Since I'm a 5-minute walk from downtown, it's a great guide when I'm biking or driving and am trying to get home.



The next shot is also of downtown looking at some department stores downtown. The train station is also here and I can see the bullet train going by sometimes. Downtown is really clean and has some nice walking streets and a little entertainment area.

No comments: