Saturday, August 20, 2005

Welcome to the new blog

Well, I arrived in Japan last Friday (Aug. 19). It was the end of a week holiday and I got the train into Tokyo and then caught a bullet train to Hamamatsu, which is the city where I'm working. It took just over an hour and a half to get here.

I'm sharing an apartment with a guy named J.P., whose from New Mexico. I could have my own apartment but the 2 bedroom apartments are much larger and everything I'll ever need is already set up here.

I'll be teaching mainly at companies in the area as well as community classes at the school to small groups of adults. For the month of September I have about 15 hours a week of teaching, although some companies can take an hour to travel to. Luckily there are cars at the school we can use to get out to them. I'm going to be taking a car out on Saturday to get used to driving on the left side of the road and see if I can get around without getting lost.

No comments: