Monday, September 12, 2005

Entetsu

The ikebana show I was at was on the top floor of a department store called Entetsu. When I first arrived in Japan, I heard that it was a department store for people with money and that if you wanted to impress somebody, you should give them a present in an Entetsu bag.
Here's the view from the top floor, looking down at the central bus terminal for city buses:

After the ikebana show, we went to the basement where you can buy food from lots of stales selling all kinds of food. They had the most wonderful collection of various foods I've ever seen. A number of them had free samples which were great to try. In the end I bought some expensive kimchi (with octopus and small shrimp in it) and a bento box with 3 varieties of rice in it.

The next photo is of takoyaki which is balls of fried octopus and is very delicious. The woman behind the window was very good at turning the balls quickly to make them cook evenly.

No comments: