Sunday, September 25, 2005

My first matsuri (festival)

On Saturday night, I joined my friends Jenn & Melissa to visit one of Melissa's students house.

We had dinner there with the student's family and friends.


The man of the house was very kind and generous.


He even gave me a fan that he had painted the design on.

During dinner, there was a festival going on outside. One of our guests, Shinya, was taking part in it. So when he joined us, he was fairly drunk.


After dinner, we went outside to see the different floats that each neighbourhood in the area had in the festival.
We were even luck to be able to join and help pull one of the floats.
I was lucky enough to get to get a picture in one of the floats at the end of the parade.

And also get to play the drum that was on the float.

No comments: