Thursday, September 08, 2005

Sento

On Wednesday after work, I went to a bathhouse (sento) . I was interested to see how it compared with the ones in Korea(mogyoktang), which I often enjoyed visiting. We had to drive about 5 minutes from home to get this large bathhouse. Unfortunately, there are none near my apartment, except for a brothel bathhouse. I enjoyed always having a bathhouse in my neighbourhood in Korea. This bathhouse in Hamamatsu is very large and beautiful. It had 3 different bathes and a dry sauna inside and then another 3 bathes and a wet sauna outside. It was definately more beautiful than the ones I visited in Korea, although I wasn't impressed that I had to bring my own modesty towel and regular towel. In the end, there were pluses and minuses when I compared this bathhouse to the ones in Korea. I left feeling more relaxed from this bathhouse but not as clean as when I was in Korea.

No comments: