Sunday, September 04, 2005

My new wheels

One thing I liked from the beginning here was seeing many people using bicycles. And most of them are riding very practical "granny" bicycles as I call them. Since so many people use bicycles, the separate bicycle parking lot at the train station near my home is huge.

I was lucky enough to buy a "granny" bicycle from one of the teachers who was leaving. And luckily it's not silver, as 90% of the bicycles are here.

My other wheels is a Toyota Carina that I use for work. It isn't my car as there's a number of cars the teachers share. I've been given the Carina although I may have to change to a different vehicle at some point later.

It hasn't taken as long as I thought to get use to driving on the left side of the road. I think it was almost good that I was more worried about not getting lost when I started driving since the driving part just progressed naturally. I am still slowing down quite a bit on the really narrow roads that are in the residential areas. I usually have one long drive per day (maybe about 40 minutes) to get out to a company to teach the workers. I am teaching at 5 different companies to start off with.

No comments: