Saturday, September 10, 2005

Week wrap-up

Well, I've wrapped up my third week in Japan. Things are starting to become a bit more routine now. I'm fairly relaxed at driving on the left side of the road. I'm also getting better at driving along narrow roads with a large car as well as knowing some of the major roads in the city.

I received my foreigner card on Friday. I was hoping that I'd be able to get a cell phone now. Unfortunately, having my foreigner card is one of the 3 things I need to get before being able to get a phone. I still have to get a name stamp and a bank account still. I chose which Chinese characters I wanted to use for my name stamp on Friday. When I received, I'll explain more about it and show you a picture of the stamp.

A typhoon came through on Monday, but the south of Japan got the worst of it. We just got a good strong wind and a bit of rain. No problem. It's still 30 degrees C and humid here everyday. I've moved to sleeping in the living room at night where I can sleep in front of a screen door, which is giving me much better sleep at night. Today was sunny and clear, so I hung at the beach with a friend, Ayako, for 3 hours. We didn't go swimming but I still got too much sun. There were a number of surfers out today, and so that might be a hobby I picked up in the future.

That's all the news for this week.

1 comment:

Dak-Ind said...

im actually glad i surfed in here. i think your life is interesting compared to mine!